Based: Cape Town
We are Isicathamiya music, consists of 9 males based in Khayelitsha, Delft and Phillip in Cape Town. It was formed in 2007, with an objective of fighting crime, unemployment, drug abuse amongst the youth through music.
We sing and dance simultaneously, using pure natural male voices.
We sing using multi-languages.
Our music is Beyond our roots, as it was originated in the late 1950’s in mines by migrant workers.
Currently we are entertaining the local and International tourists during weekends at Boulders Beach, in Simon’stown.
1. In 2009 had live performance at SABC-1 program called shift and do live interview.
2. We had 6x shows during the Fifa 2010 world cup performing at the Airport and Fan walks.
3. In 2011 had 2x shows at Infecting city festival and 4x shows at Absa Kknk national festival in Oudtshoorn.
4. In 2014 /17 had participated at Cape Town Fringe Festival.
5. In 2013/14 had Cultural Exchange Workshop with International Choirs PAPAYA from Denmark and Inchoir from UK, held at Guga sthebe in Langa.
6.On the 2nd of April 2017,performed at Cape Town City Hall for International ELITE AWARDS