Mike is a seasoned marketer having spent my career at some of the world’s leading FMCG Organisation’s across Africa, the Middle East and Europe. He has worked across multiple categories, on a plethora of the world’s leading brands:
• Ice Cream – Ola Ice Cream
• Household Cleaning – Surf Washing Powder, Handy Andy/ Cif & Vim
• Beer – Castle Lager, Carling Black Label, Hansa
• Ciders – Hunters, Savanna
• Spirits – Amarula, Scottish Leader, Bain’s, Viceroy
• Chocolate – Cadbury, Milka, Cote D’Or, Toblerone
• Candy and chewing gum – Halls, Stimorol/ Trident, Clorets, Dentyne
• Coffee – Jacobs and Carte Noir
• Biscuits – Oreo, Milka, Belvita, TUC, Barni, Mikado, Prince
• Quick Service Restaurants – KFC
Many of the campaigns that he has worked on have been recognized for creative excellence at both local and international awards ceremonies. This is largely due to his strong appreciation for the role that creativity plays in driving business performance as well as an inherent understanding of the creative process, and mind, which has resulted in a strong ability to get the best out of my creative agencies.
In 2017 He was recognized as the ‘Marketing and Innovation Leader of the year” as well as the “Creative Mind of the Year” at the annual Loerie Awards Ceremony. The Loerie Award Ceremony is Africa and the Middle East’s premier creative awards ceremony.
For the past 8 yrs He was a Chief Marketing Officer. He then decided that he wanted to take a sabbatical and study “Future Studies”. Mike completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Future Studies in 2018 and am currently enrolled in the Mphil FS program at Stellenbosch University. Future Studies entails studying the past in order to understand how we got to where we are today, and studying forces in play today to develop scenarios of where we could be tomorrow. It can be used to help brands, companies, people, government, in fact anything really, to plan for the future, ensuring continued relevance and sustainability.