Keith Coats is an internationally respected leadership expert, author, speaker and facilitator. He has worked with both leaders and their executive teams in numerous international blue chip companies. He is the author of ‘Everything I know about leadership I learnt from the kids’ (Penguin) and his leadership articles have been published in a variety of local as well as international publications and journals. Keith has formally researched leading teams through organisational change and has experience in facilitating both strategic processes and mergers.
Keith is passionate about the international role and voice South Africa can play in leading diversity and has frequently been invited to share the ‘South African Story’ internationally. He has come to be regarded as one of South Africa’s more significant contributing voices on human development and leadership.
Keith is a sought after international keynote presenter in the area of strategic leadership in the new world of work. Keith brings a relaxed, conversational style to the podium where he presents cutting edge thinking to those present. Keith has been invited by HM King Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden to present at the Royal Palace, Stockholm to Swedish leaders from the corporate, political, non-profit and academic spheres as well as at the Global Leaders Conference in China. Keith is a regular presenter at conferences and business schools around the world, having presented and taught in diverse settings such as Russia, Sweden, the United States, China, Vietnam, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Namibia and South Africa. Keith uses multi-media as a key tool in his presentations to challenge, shock and inspire audiences with his engaging content and delivery.
Keith’s primary focus is in the area of strategic leadership in the context of the new world of work. The need to develop adaptive intelligence – both a personally and corporately, is paramount to future success in both these spheres. In a changing world strategy – what it is, how to do it and what skills are required, needs to adapt and change. So too with leadership – and it is in these domains that Keith’s expertize and experience are to be found.
The scope of Keith’s work experience includes:
- Formal presentations, key note addresses at numerous National and International conferences on subjects including leadership, global trends, talent management, organizational design, personal development and the future world of work.
- Design and delivery of Leadership and Talent development programmes for specific organizations and corporations.
- Consulting on strategic and leadership issues at Board, Executive and middle management levels in a variety of organizations and corporations.
- Training of consultants / trainers both locally and internationally.
- Coaching / Mentoring.
- Formal lecturing at numerous tertiary institutions on various topics including leadership, strategy, diversity and talent management.
- Regular guest on a variety of national TV and radio programmes to provide expert opinion on leadership / generational theory / global trends.
- Regular contributor to several national and international print and online journals, magazines and newspapers.
Away from his leadership vocation Keith is an avid Liverpool fan, general armchair sports expert and very bad (but tragically enthusiastic) golfer. He is married to Vicky and they have three children: Keegan (24), Tamryn (21) and Sipho (18).