Economist locally and internationally
Thabi Leoka is an Economist at Argon Asset Management and works within the Fixed Income and the Multi-Asset teams. Thabi started her career as an Economist at Investec Asset Management in South Africa and London. She has also worked as an Emerging Markets Economist at Barclays in London and Head of Economic Research, SA at Standard Bank Corporate and Investment Banking and the Chief Economist for SA at Renaissance Capital. Thabi has a PhD in Economics from the University of London, MSc in Economics and Economic History from the London School of Economics and MA (Distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Thabi writes for various publication both in South Africa and internationally.
2. UK economy and the impact of Brexit on the SA Economy 3. US economy and its impact on the SA economy
4. SA economic growth over the years
• Production-side of the economy (mining, manufacturing, retailtrade)
• Expenditure-side of the economy (consumption, investment and trade)
• Ratings down grade and it simplification
• Political uncertainty and the impact of the current economic environment
• Why the rand remains strong despite are cession and junk status