Saray is an award-winning mountaineer, a Mandela libraries ambassador, a social entrepreneur, mother of two boys and also an executive in one of the distinguished financial institutions in South Africa. She has over time demonstrated her commitment to making a difference in her environment through mountaineering.
Through her climbing with a purpose initiative Saray has organised and been part of the following initiatives:
- Climbing Kilimanjaro with a purpose (Self-funded climb)
- Built an outdoor gym for Kids Haven worth R200,000 and converted a room into a library
Ubuntu Everest 2014 (Partially funded by Discovery Holdings)
- Raised funds for The Lunch Box Fund to feed over 60,000
Ubuntu Everest 2015 (Self-funded climb)
Raised funds for The Mandela Library Projects and built a library for Isiziba Primary School in Thembisa, Johannesburg
- Ubuntu Everest 2017 (Self-funded climb)
- Raised funds over R800,000 for The Mandela Library Projects and built four libraries around South Africa. She continues to campaign for more libraries as she takes steps towards the 7 highest peaks on the 7 continents around the world.
One of her goals with Climbing for a purpose is to be an example to the next generation of leaders; to inspire them to pursue their dreams and summit their everyday peaks in education and other spheres of life, knowing that nothing is impossible if we dare to dream.