Joey Rasdien’s absurd yet thought-provoking stand-up comedy show tackles the touchy subject of evolution and how natural selection has blessed many of the figures that loom over South African life. Topics under scrutiny range from the devil and Charles Darwin to Julius Malema and Steven Hawking in a show that will make you laugh until tears are rolling down your face.
Joey is the face of a new generation of South African comedy. He is instantly recognisable thanks to his roles in movies such as Running Riot, Bunny Chow, Vaatjie Sien Sy Gat, Dollars and White Pipes, Outrageous Blitz Patrollie and “Material” with Riaad Moosa.
Joey wrote, co-produced and acted in his own sitcom “Rasdien” which was flighted on SABC 2.
In addition, Rasdien has performed in many major comedy festivals in South Africa and is a regular on the comedy circuit at the country’s leading venues.
He also starred in the popular Last Laugh at The Lyric and The Pure Monate Show on SABC 1. Joey has also performed at the prestigious comedy venue Yuk Yuks in Toronto
His experience in the financial industry is an advantage when relating to a corporate audience which makes him a sought after Facilitator / entertainer at conferences. And Corporate events in general
Having appeared in many television ads, including Cell C, One Life Direct, Kalahari.com KFC, The ICC Cricket World Cup Campaign and toured with the South African Cricket Team as one of the faces of South African Cricket.
Joey also appears on the smash hit DVD and CD “ Make the circle bigger” with HHP and JR
This versatile performer was also a regular on the Club Comedy circuit, where he’s performed to sell out audiences at:
- Parkers Comedy and Jive regularly
- He has headlined Blacks only Comedy to a sell out crowds of 4000 people
- He is a a regular performer at the popular Heavyweight Comedy Jams
- Joey has had sold out “one man shows” on stage at the Lyric Theatre for 2 years running
- 2012 saw Joey’s Mixed DNA The Tour , nationally
- Joey Has MC’s 3 of the “ Kings and Queens” comedy festivals at Emperor’s Palace during 2012 and 2013
On the small screen, his appearances include a performance on:
- “Comedy Showcase”,
- Sketches on “Jerry Springer’s Saturday Night”, appearances in
- “The Phat Joe Show”,
- “Leriekeraai”, “Pap Idols”,
- “Spek Skieters” and a lead role in a
- “Quickies” Production.
[tab title="Video : Joey Rasdien“]