Based: Port Elizabeth
*Born Phiwe Nozewu in East London in the Eastern Cape.
*Educated and bred mostly in the Eastern Cape and still continues to live and work
in the Province.
*He is a Radio Presenter, Radio Content Producer, Club DJ, pro Programme Director, music producer – among a few things he keeps himself busy with.
• Attended and completed an Audio Visual Communication course with Thuthuka Casting in JHB.
• Public Relations at Boston City Campus – 2006
• Completed courses in Radio Presenting and Radio Production respectively with the Classic FM Radio Institute in 1997 and 1998.
• Started his radio career in 1999 been with the Eastern Cape based SABC youth station –Tru FM (formerly known as Radio CKI later known as CKI FM).
• Volunteered for a year and a half before management recognized his talent for radio and took him on board as an intern for a further few months.
• Started on the graveyard shift during his volunteering stint and then did lunch time by the end of the year. He was doing The Breakfast Show six months later. He presented the breakfast show for a full 5 years.
• Among the accolades Pastor has received during his stay at CKI FM/Tru FM, he’s was voted the station’s “Greatest Legend of all time” in the station’s 26 year history…as voted by the stations listeners in 2005.
• In 2009, he was head hunted by SA’s second biggest radio station, Umhlobo Wenene as a content producer and presenter. Pastor now produces and is an On-air contributor on the station’s breakfast show( SA’s biggest in numbers since 2010). The show currently boasts a 1,4 million listener share, weekly.
• Hosted Party Time, weekends between 22h00 and 01h00 for two years. Both programmes command a huge following, local, nationally and internationally as we stream live to other countries on the internet.
• Currently presents the 18H00-22H00 slot, every Friday and Saturday on UWFM, with a weekly 450 000 strong listenership base.
UWFM Breakfast Show (BEE) from 2010 – currently.
• Ever since Pastor partnered with radio and Sports Marketing legend Putco Mafani in 2010 to produce and co-present the breakfast show, the station has enjoyed a very high rise in its listenership on the 6-9 slot. The Pastor and Putco partnership has managed to grow the programe’s listenership from 800 000 -1, 38 million in just two years, out of a total of 3,8 million listeners for the station as a whole.
• The pair has managed to attract a breed of listeners that had abandoned the station and brought back flare to morning radio as a whole. The programe is the only breakfast show in the land that has had a listenership increase every 3 month cycle for two years running now. It is the most listened to morning show in SA and is the biggest show on Umhlobo Wenene FM and still growing. The show is also the biggest radio show in terms of numbers in the province.
• This has catapulted Pastor and Putco’s profiles as household names on a national scale as they host and DJ at events across SA on a weekly basis and they attract huge crowds whenever they have to appear at public and station events.
• Not only is Pastor a radio presenter, technical producer and content producer on UWFM, he is also a house music producer and club DJ as well.
• Has been DJ’ing since 1997. He was self taught
• 13 years on in the industry, he has managed to build himself a huge following around the country, more especially in the Eastern Cape.
• He is currently expanding his following and growing his brand by travelling the length and breadth of the Western part of the Eastern Cape and into the Western Cape by working with locally based promoters doing shows.
Career as MC, facilitator and program director
Pastor has facilitated and MC’d at government events for a variety of government departments, corporate events, music festivals, weddings and the likes. His most memorable occasion was the Nelson Mandela Bay Music Festival in 2011 where the headliner was George Benson. This is one of many other events he has steered as program director across the country.
Music Career and other business interests.
• In November 2008, Pastor released his much awaited first house compilation, eighty five percent of which were own compositions.
• It was released under his own label, Umdabho Entertainment. A CC. which also manages his career…from artist management to radio advert. recordings and general radio production.
• He is currently working on his second compilation CD, the Second sermon which plans to release in a few months time and is a compilation of local and national house music producers so as to give them a platform to expose their talents.
• Pastor is the owner of his own production house Me 3 too Media( trading as Uphawulwethu Trading Enterprises), which specializes in the recording of radio adverts etc.
Career growth beyond Radio into TV
Pastor is currently hosting his own TV show on Bay TV, where he hosts the who’s who in Port Elizabeth. The show is called “Around the Bay with Pastor”. The show also profiles tourism destinations and heritage sites around Nelson Mandela Bay. The show is currently airing on Bay TV at 19h30 on DSTV Channel 260, which is a national and all Africa platform. On a weekly basis, the TV show reaches no less than 800 000 viewers and is one of the channel’s most watched programmes. Pastor has a year’s deal with the channel and so far the response has been positive.
To build his brand beyond the Eastern Cape Province on radio and his other business projects as well, while plowing his experience in the development of EC youth and at the same time prove that…you don’t have to leave the Province to make your dreams a possibility, if you put your mind to it you still can make it at home.